Cancer Community
Mild neutropenia and lymphocytosis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mild neutropenia and lymphocytosis?

i had some blood tests done and they told me i have mild neutropenia and mild lymphocytosis. i have no idea what it could be from. a doctor suggested to get a bone marrow extract to rule out the worst case scenario, but only if i wanted to (i really wouldn't wanna do that, to be honest i'm afraid of the process). i spoke to 3 other doctors and they told me its nothing to worry about and i definitely dont need to have my bone marrow examined. i have some problems with my teeth, i even had an infection on one of them, can it be from that? i also wanted to state that my white blood cell and red blood cell levels were absolutely normal execept for these two things which both were in a mild state
i am 21 years old by the way, i was also diagnosed with sinus tachycardia but i don't think this has anything to do with it. also i had a small calcium deficiency, my calcium level was just a bit low from normal
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
on both blood tests my erythrocyte sedimentation rate was 4 and 5 so they told me i could be nothing serious with these levels
Blank
Hi,

How are you?
A viral infection can cause lymphocytosis with or without neutropenia. Examples include infectious mononucleosis, Cytomegalovirus infection, Respiratory syncytial virus infection (common cold virus).
I think there is nothing to worry and these levels will return to normal. You can get a repeat test done after some time just to make sure of that. Do keep us posted.

Blank
honestly i haven't been see lately. i haven't had any fevers or such, that's what worries me!
Blank
*sick
Blank
i have the same probllem. dont know the reason. did you ever find out?
Blank
I haven't it's actually still like this, it's been like this since 2007
Blank
DJBecks do you still have this issue? What are your numbers like?

I will just provide my blood results:
Total WBC (10^9/L): 4.8
Neutro: 2
Lympho: 2.1
Mono: 0.4
Eos: 0.3

% neutro: 41.67%
% lympho: 43.75%
% eos: 6.25%
NLR (neut-to-lymph ratio): 1.0
Hemoglobin: 138

I'm seeing a gradual trend in reduced NLR. What could be causing this? I feel fatigued a lot. No viral or bacterial infection that I can tell though. I sleep well. Mild aversion to meat.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank