Cancer Community
Muscle lump or lump in muscle?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Muscle lump or lump in muscle?

A few days back, I found a small 3.5cm by 3.5cm lump in my calf. The thing is, it's not really a lump that's there all the time. It only show up when I flex and the tighter I flex, the harder the lump. Then, when I release the contraction, the lump disappears completely and I can't feel it in my calf.

I got it checked out by a doctor and he said that he thinks it may be just a previous muscle injury and that the lump is muscle. I really want to believe this, as I'm pretty sure you can't flex a tumor and that tumors don't just disappear when you stop flexing. Or do they? I don't know and am wondering if I should go through the process of getting a second opinion.