My love
My husband has been battling stage 4 colon cancer with liver and more recently lung mets. He also has painful  stomach hernia. This past Dec. he began to get jaundice and confused and his dr (always the fighter and optimist) just said continue chemo. It is now March 23, 2013 and dr says new chemo is not working and nothing left for him to do. Hospice comes this Monday for he wants to die home. I don't know if I can wait for he has been severely hiccuping to the point where he stops breathing. How much time does he have? Dr won't say. And what is the hiccuping from? I have an 8 yr old son and 18 yr old daughter. I'm losing my mind and need some answers. Please someone help me.
Please someone tell me something, he is more confused everyday. I'm going crazy watching my love die and to make it worse he is losing his mind. If I didn't have my kids I would be going with him. I can't breath when I think of losing him.
HI,
How is your husband? I'm sorry to hear about his diagnosis and I do understand what you feel. It is difficult to evaluate the specific time left in hospice due to several factors such as the diagnosis, symptoms present, his overall health and the extent of complications or metastasis.It is best that you talk to his attending physician to ease any anxiety and doubt. His doctors are also in better position to evaluate him. Take care and do keep us posted.
His Dr. is upset that I have called hospice, he has advised against it and wanted him in the hospital. My husbands wish is to be at home when the time comes. He has numerous lesions on his liver and his lungs. He is in liver failure and has been since Dec. '12, he is sleeping a lot for two days now. And very confused, he repeats words over and over. Seeing him like this is killing me. I can't sleep for fear that I won't be there when he needs me. Hospice is taking a long time to start care visits. I have been doing this alone for two weeks. Feel as though maybe I should bring him to hospital. I'm so confused!