Cancer Community
My uncle is dying of cancer, help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

My uncle is dying of cancer, help.

My uncle has liver cancer, and no kidneys. He's regularly has dialysis, so that's the kidney problem under control. However, he currently has very severe liver cancer, and his chemotherapy treatment has failed, leaving him weaker and loss of appetite. The doctors have declared that the chemotherapy will now have no positive effect on his body, and he strongly refuses to have surgery. Is there any other way for treatment.
Have his doctors discussed radiation?  When the cancer is localized I believe radiation can be effective.

Surgery if a transplant is possible (this is not a knowledge based idea) that would seem the best approach, has that been suggested?

Try to think of ways to convince your uncle to take whatever steps offer hope.  If surgery offers the possibility of both an improved quality-of-life and a longer life you have tools to convince him.  

We either die quickly or we deteriorate, some chose to refuse treatment because it offers no hope of a "reasonable" QOF.   Here too one can try to suggest QOF activities a patient can do that make life more enjoyable.