Myomatous uterus
I'm a 43 year old female (never preganant) who recently had a pelvic ultrasound due to heavy mentural bleeding and and cramps.  The report stated the following findings:
Uterus is enlarged, measuring 11.1 x 6.3 x 5.8 cm.  There is a mass along the posterior uterine bidy measuring 3.8 x 3.7 x 3.1 cm and another mass anteriorly on the left measuring 1.4 x 1.5 x 1.4 cm. There is some fluid seen within the endocervical canal.  My ovaries are normal in size but there are simple bilatrl ovarian cysts measuring 1.7 x 1.7 x 1.4 cm and 0.8 x 1.1 x 0.8 cm with additional follicles noted within the left ovary.  No free intrapelvic fluid noted.

I would like to know my treatment options.
Hi.  Since those uterine myoma are already causing symptoms of bleeding or cramping, the ideal and most straightforward treatment would be to remove your uterus (hysterectomy).  However, if you are still planning on having children in the future, the other option is to just excise the myoma (myomectomy) and leave the uterus intact.  The only problem I see with this option is that the myomectomy might leave thinned out areas in the wall of the uterus, which might make a subsequent pregnancy risky because of the danger of uterine rupture.  The ovarian cysts are most probably "functional cysts" (fluid-filled masses originating from ovarian follicles, which are the structures in the ovary containing the egg) and need not be treated.