Cancer Community
Neck Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Neck Cancer

I noticed a few months ago that a mole appeared on the back of my neck, i felt it and my husband confirmed it was a mole. I did nothing about it, then after a couple of months my neck was very itchy, i asked my husband to look at it, and he said it was very crusty. The neck is still very itchy but does not feel crusty anymore. Yesterday i was rubbing my neck by the mole as it was itching, and i found a lump not far from the mold, i asked my husband to check it also, so that i know i am not imagining things. Have i got anything to worry about and should i see my Doctor?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  Any lump or sore that does not heal or a mole that changes  warrant further evaluation by your doctor for proper diagnosis. Additional diagnostic exams and tests may also be requested such as imaging tests. Risk factors include tobacco use, alcohol use, and human papillomavirus infection. Have this checked by your doctor to rule out malignancy and to ease any worries. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi Dr. Santos. I am not too bad thanks. I am also very tired lately and have to sleep during the day which is not like me. I have also lost my appetite. As it is Easter i will ring to make an appointment to see my Doctor on Tuesday, hopefully they will see me the same day. Thank you, i will keep you posted. Take care. Karen.