Cancer Community
New lump just below middle finger (palm side)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New lump just below middle finger (palm side)

Hello I have a new hard lump on the palm of my hand (at the base of my middle finger).  I have some throbbing (which is how I discovered the lump) and also pain when I grasp things (such as the steering wheel).  I have read about gangolian cysts, but they seem to usually be located at the wrist from what I have read.  This feels like a very hard marble.   I am not sure if I should have it checked out, I am just concerned since it is a lump and is new.  Any info/advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, I am not a doctor but it sounds like it could be a cyst or just some scar tissue especially since you notice it more when grasping things.  However, it maybe wise to get it checked out anyways, but cysts can show up anywheres as far as I have thought.
Blank
Hi.  That lump on the base of your middle finger fits the description of a ganglion cyst.  These types of cysts are frequently located in the wrists, but may also occur in any area exposed to a lot of frictional forces.  So it's very possible to have it in the palm of your hand, particularly if you drive around a lot and your palm encounters friction from the steering wheel.  If you're experiencing a lot of pain and the lump is interfering with your daily activities, it might be best to have it removed.  However, ganglion cysts have a tendency to recur if not removed entirely, so the surgeon has to make sure that the entire capsule of the cyst is excised.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...