Cancer Community
Nexavar or not

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Nexavar or not

What have been the experience of others that used nexavar and how bad are the side effects?  I am trying to make a decision on whether to  start on the treatment or not.  Because the side effects seem to stop you from having any kind of quality in your life.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Sorafenib is a cancer medication which interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. It is used in kidney cancer and liver cancer. The common side effects are rashes, blisters, oozing, high blood pressure; weight loss etc.People who are allergic to it can develop severe allergic reactions. A drug is usually prescribed by your doctor if the advantages outweigh the risks. If you are anxious about the side effects it is best to discuss your concerns with your doctor. Do keep me updated.
Best luck and take care!