Cancer Community
Non hodgkins lymphoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Non hodgkins lymphoma

Hi there. Moms been diagnosed with nhl in november been a HUGE change at home. Chemo isnt a walk in the park. What are the chances of chemo actually being successful?  Shes suffered the side effects and everything it saddens me if theres a chance it doesnt work. Anyone have experience with this kind of lymphoma/cancer?
:-(
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
The treatment and prognosis of any cancer depends on the stage of the cancer, patient’s age and overall health and any other associated complication. Radiation therapy is used for disease which is confined to one body area. Chemotherapy forms the mainstay of treatment. There may be few side effects, it is best to discuss it with her treating doctor. Do clarify your doubts with her doctor. Keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!
I hope your mother's treatment for the NHL is begining to target the cancer and that once she will be sent to a PETCT, it will show a remission!
Five years ago, at the age of 43, I was diagnosed with a high stage NHL and went through very tough chemo treatments and a crazy year.  I have been in remission since.  The chemo damaged my lungs and there are other health problems but - the NHL is in remission and I hope that it will never return!!!
My children and partner supported me all through the rough road and that is what your mother needs now:  All the support and love that you can give!  Hopefully soon - she will feel much better and recover.
All the best wishes,
Jessica
I am a non-hodgkins survivor for 19 years. Listen to your Doctor, and GOD, and your body. It has come back 3 times. I am now on maintenance, and so far been doing great since 2005.
My fiance got diagnosed with NHL last year. He's now enduring radiation treatments, the doctors say this may be his last week of it. But as Arti said, it all depends on what stage, how old the patient is and other health problems (if any).