Cancer Community
OVARIAN CANCER OPINION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

OVARIAN CANCER OPINION

MY MOTHER WAS OPERATED FOR TUMOR IN THE OVARY AND UTERUS IN 2001 AT THE AGE OF 51. THE BIOPSY OF 2001 HAD SAID AS GRANULA CELL TUMOR. AND THE DOCTORS HAD NOT ADVICED ANY TREATMENT AFTER WHICH SHE JOINED BACK WORK AND WAS IN GOOD HEALTH.

NOW IN OCT 2010 SHE HAS BEEN OPERATED AGAIN AS THERE WAS SOLID MASS ON THE BLADDER AND THE COLON SIZE 4.2 X 3. AND THE OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL. WE ARE AWAITING THE BIOPSY REPORT AS WE HAVE SENT IT FOR A SECOND OPINION. DOCTORS ARE ADVISING US TO GIVE HER CHEMO THERAPHY.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF CHEMOTHERAPHY WILL BE REQUIRED FOR HER BEFORE THE BIOPSY REPORT COMES. AND AS SHE IS 61 NOW. SHE IS STILL IN GOOD HEALTH AND HAS NO SYMPTOMS WHATSOEVER OF CANCER. ALL HER BLOOD TESTS ARE ALSO NORMAL AFTER SURGERY. KINDLY ADVICE.
I would wait until the biopsy results come back but I would definitely have chemo done if it IS cancer.  Surgery gets most of it but those devil cancer cells are still floating around waiting to attach to some other organ.  God bless.