Pain and lump under arm and thickening in both breasts
I've had pain and a lump under my arm and on that side it is much darker in color and sweats more. Just three days ago i noticed that i have a thickening feeling on both breasts after i felt pain in those spots. It has caused me great anxiety and i am only 30 years old. My mom is a breast cancer survivor for 3 years now. I am awaiting an ultersound appt. And i cant seem to relax til then. Could the lump under my arm that i have had for five years now and the thickening and pain in both breasts be connected to cancer. I need some kind of answer. Thank you.
Well you need to relax and wait for the USG report to come in. It is true that you are at a higher risk of breast cancer because of the family history of cancer. But that does not mean that every lesion in your breast would be a cancerous one. It is just that it needs to be investigated to reach a confirmed diagnosis and rule out malignancy. Is the thickening and pain related to your menstrual periods? Are you taking OCP'S? Goodluck with the USG and do not panic.