Cancer Community
Pain and lump under arm and thickening in both breasts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I've had pain and a lump under my arm and on that side it is much darker in color and sweats more. Just three days ago i noticed that i have a thickening feeling on both breasts after i felt pain in those spots. It has caused me great anxiety and i am only 30 years old. My mom is a breast cancer survivor for 3 years now. I am awaiting an ultersound appt. And i cant seem to relax til then. Could the lump under my arm that i have had for five years now and the thickening and pain in both breasts be connected to cancer. I need some kind of answer. Thank you.
Well you need to relax and wait for the USG report to come in. It is true that you are at a higher risk of breast cancer because of the family history of cancer. But that does not mean that every lesion in your breast would be a cancerous one. It is just that it needs to be investigated to reach a confirmed diagnosis and rule out malignancy. Is the thickening and pain related to your menstrual periods? Are you taking OCP'S? Goodluck with the USG and do not panic.