Cancer Community
Painless large lump on lower back
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painless large lump on lower back

Hi,
I just noticed last night a very large lump on my lower back (almost like a golf ball!!), about 1 inch higher than the end of my spine and just to the right. It does not hurt at all but has a small bruise on the top.

I have no recollection of hitting it and it is not painful at all. I am going to go to the doctor soon (today!) but I just wanted to know if anyone had any idea of what it might be.
Thanks very much

Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.
It is possible that the painless large lump on your lower back is a lipoma.  This is a benign tumor of fatty tissue origin.  Treatment is usually through excision.  However, other conditions including malignancy can present also as a lump on the lower back.
I agree with your decision to consult your doctor.  A biopsy of the lump may be helpful.
Take care.  
Blank
Hi Dennis,
Thanks for your message. The doctor has no idea what it could be. I told him I mountain bike and he reckons it could be a hematoma but it doesn't hurt me at all. I think that it is too high on my back to be related to biking. He gave me a number of a surgeon to call if it does not go away in 6 days.
He said it is unlikely to be a tumor because I have only "noticed it/have it" a couple of days and it would never be that big but I don't really know how long I have had it..
Anyway I will update when I know more
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank