Pancreatic cyst
I have a cyst on my pancreaus.  So far it is not cancer per pet scan, blood work,CA19-9, Endoscopic Ultrasound with needle biopsy was inconclusive. Mucin stain was attempted on air dried slide but is suboptimal for evaluation. Scattered macrophages are seen. cellouar elements are difficult to interpret due to degeneration. benign ductal epithelium is also seen. Cyst is located of the junction of the pancreatic body and tail junction. Maximum lesion is 17.7 mmx 15.2 mm with the largest cystic area measuring 11.5 mm thereby making it consistant with microcystic adenoma.  Md want to repeat the Endoscopic Ultrasound in June. Six months after the first one. If there are no changes at that time,the Md's seem to think no surgery is needed. I have many cysts in my body. One on the kidney,in left sinus, and had uterine fibrocystic cysts, one the size of a football. NO CANCER, BUT WAS TURNING. Have had a full hystorectomy in 2006.  Not sure what all this means. Guess my question is, should I have it taken out?
Hi, I am trying to understand pancreatic problems a little bit more.  With the situation or condition you described , what was the CA19-9 reading from the blood test?