Pet Scan 'hot spots'
I just had a pet scan done, and the results came back with 'hot spots' in three places.  One was on my neck, one in my stomach and a small one on my liver.  My doc is still trying to interpret the results, as he has never ordered a PET scan before mine, so this is new for both of us.  He is guessing the hot spot on my neck is from an infection I had a couple of months back after having an occipital stimulator implanted and then removed.  He said the stomach could be some sort of gastritis, but he doesn't know what it means, what might cause it, etc.  He said there wasn't any sign of lymphoma... but I am quite concerned about these results, primarily because the majority of things you find online when searching for 'pet scan hot spots' indicate some form of neoplasm or cancer.

Does anyone have any information on if this might be something else, or does it lean more towards a cancer-type of thing??  How do you know???