Pet Scan results
I had a PET scan today for possible lung cancer; this was all clear, but my thyroid had a high uptake value and was highlighted on the scan.  Is this likely cancer on my thyroid?
Ask your doctor for a thyroid ultrasound.  Thyroids absorb iodine at very high rate and if there was any iodine in the prep they used on your PET scan that could explain the results (but could mean that healthy thyroid tissue absorbed the iodine - NOT necessary cancerous tissue).  

The easiest way to check for suspicious thyroid nodules would be a simple thyroid ultrasound.  Thyroid cancer usually doesn't absorb the radio-tracer as much as other cancers.  Ultrasound is the first scan of choice to analyze any abnormalities of the thyroid.

Best of everything

Utahmomma
papillary carcinoma (thyroid cancer) '03, second surgery '03, recurrence and RAI '06
three sisters with papillary carcinoma (one with three recurrences/RAI and distant metastases)
another sister and daughter with precancerous thyroid nodules requiring thyroid removal