Cancer Community
Pheochromocytoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Pheochromocytoma

I was recently diagnosed with a pheochormocytoma and was wondering whether this is a simple procedure and I should try to find the best doctor in the country or whether this is simple and I can safely go with the surgeon referred by my primary care physician? Thank you.
Find the best doctor you can.  I had a pheo removed lapascopically by a top notch surgeon in Vancouver Canada in October '06.  My GP said he was one of two docs in our city who could do it.  It is not a simple procedure due to the nature of the tumour being full of adrenaline.  There is a special drip you should be on during surgery incase the tumour is squeezed or handled the wrong way and your bloodpressure shoots up.  You want to find the best doc.  Where are you?