Cancer Expert Forum
Please, where would recommend getting Cancer Treatement?

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

My Father has recently been diagnosed with Bile Duct Cancer. I don't know the details, but it is past the operating stage. My parents live in Jordan and they have just returned from a trip to Israel to see a doctor. Now my father is going to get treatment of I think Chemo pills in Jordan.

I am very skeptical, and correct me if I am wrong, but (financial obstacles aside) would it not improve all chances considerably if my Father were to go to somewhere more advanced like Mayo Clinic or any of the top rated Clinics around the world to get treated there?

Please tell me where you would recommend getting treated, to get the very BEST treatment, and whether or not what I am saying is true. I really need all the help I can get, even it is just guesses/word of mouth, it is still some info. Thank you.
Advanced bile duct cancer beyond the stage of surgery has to be treated by palliative surgical interventions like stent placement, chemotherapy (either in the form of IV drugs like Gemcitabine or oral pills like Erlotinib), or radiosurgical procedures (like CyberKnife).
The ideal approach in your fathers case can be determined only after a detailed review of the imaging studies (CT, MRI, PET) done on him.
Treatment at high volume academic centres, or enrolement into a clinical trial, are recommended in your fathers case.
All the Best, and God Bless!
md aderson houston texas