Cancer Community
Please Help Me, I think I may have Cervical Cancer!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please Help Me, I think I may have Cervical Cancer!!!

A few years ago, I was "improperly" diagnosed with Genital Warts after I had a small bump on my outer vaginal lips. The gynecologist just glanced at it briefly and then concluded that it was Genital Warts. I've never had a confirmed Pap Smear diagnosis revealing whether his diagnosis was, in fact, correct. But, being that he was a Doctor trained in gynecology, I assumed he was right, and so since then I've just accepted, but kind of ignored my diagnosis for Genital Warts. Fast forward a few years. Now, I'm starting to believe that maybe I do have Genital Warts-with little to no symptoms, and since I have read up on Genital Warts or HPV, I have discovered that it is the number 1 cause of Cervical Cancer. Lately, for about the last 5 cycles of my period, I've been noticing an increase in my "in between bleeding," which has accumulated to the point where I have to wear tampons, occasionally, in between cycles. Now, it has gotten to the point where I'm so sensitive, that intercourse/masturbation causes me to start bleeding. Or sometimes I'll feel a little moisture down there and I'll go to the restroom and wipe and there will be blood...not dark blood, like in a regular menstrual cycle, pinkish blood, but nonetheless, blood. I have been studying about cancer in my bio class, so naturally, it dawned on me that this was completely abnormal and that I should look into it online. Well, all the signs have been pointing me in the direction of Cervical Cancer, and I'm starting to panic, I'm only 20 years old!!!! I don't know if any of this is correlational or if I'm just crazy? Please, somebody, anybody with any information about my situation, please help me out....I'm desperate and scared!!!!