Cancer Community
Please help me out =(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Please help me out =(

Anyone out there please =.(

by Violetlizz, Jul 10, 2011 03:13AM
I have been feeling all of these symptoms for about 2 and a half months now. I am an 18 year old female that weighs 166 pounds and is 5'7'' Dramatic events have happened before these 2 months. Lightheadedness (constant), Chest wall pain (sometimes) tunnel vision (sometimes) dizzy spells (sometimes) heart pvc's, shortness of breath with exercise (each time)  (sometimes) blurred vision, dimmed vision, fogged vision (sometimes) neck pain (sometimes) shoulder pain (sometimes)  full spinal back pain (sometimes)  rib cage pain (sometimes), pelvic pain (sometimes)  hair loss, heavy periods, tension headaches (sometimes), ringing in the ears (has happened 5 times in the past 2 months), heard pulse inside right ear (once), whooshing sound in right ear (once), constipation (constant), diarrhea (sometimes), nausea (sometimes), severe depression (thoughts of suicide),extreme anxiety, feeling nervous and anxious every day. Can not focus well. Not sleeping well, feeling sluggish almost everyday. Wake up in a panic while sleeping. Constant thoughts that I may have a brain tumor or some kind of cancer. Random out bursts of crying and hyperventilation. Intense fear that I am going to die. Normal blood work, normal EKG, normal urine test. Normal retina eye exam. I have very minor astigmatism, not enough to need glasses though. Going to get a CT scan of my brain, chest, abdomen and.  Ugh. I'm so paranoid about everything. My dad works as a doctor in the ER and he still thinks that all my symptoms are due to stress, shock and and anxiety. I feel like I need to have every single test done though to rule out anything serious =( I'm sick of this intense fear. Any suggestions on what further tests I should get done?

This discussion is related to doctor plz help.
Oh honey. I have been in your shoes. All of the symptoms you describe are due to anxiety. You are 18 and need to enjoy your life free of this anxiety. More tests are not the answer. What else is your father suggesting?
If you posted this question on the anxiety board you will find many others with exactly the same experience. I found anxiety hit at times of major life change, like leaving high school, finishing university but the good news is that you will get better and back to your old unworrying self.
Here are some things you can do to help but if they don't work and your quality of life is being severely affected (your job, your studies, your relationships, your friendships, sleep, or apetite) you can ask about medications for depression. I think they are reluctant to prescribe to teenagers so try self-help things first.
Exercise is key. Try to get sweating 5 times a week. Never ever sleep during the day. Stay up until 10pm. If you are waking early, get up at 5am or whenever and do not go back to bed until 10pm. When you start getting better you will start waking later. Listen to upbeat music. Accept every single invitation to social events. Eat regularly even if you're not hungry. Yoghurt or smoothies or soft food if you're finding it difficult to swallow. Volunteer. Try to spend time being busy helping other people. Meditate. Take up a hobby that distracts your brain (I found cross-stich helpful even though I am hopeless).

You are probably a very intelligent person who is experiencing stress and this is the way you react. You will get over this I promise. There are lots of good books to help you. I found the best one are by Dr Claire Weekes.

Take care.