Cancer Community
Polypoid Lesion, Ulcerated at the spenic flexure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Couple of days ago I had a Endoscopy and Colonoscopy, which revealed 1) Polypoid Lesion, Ulcerated at the splenic flexure 2) Sessile polyp.  They are now refering me to a surgeon to have that section of colon to be removed.  My question is why so aggressive?  I have not even received biopsy reports yet so is this normal to remove a section of colon?  Also would this be the cause of all the pain I'm feeling?  
Hi, I have a similar case like you.  Doctor found a sessile polyp, could not remove it totally, and so advised me to remove a section of colon.  

Since your case is 6 months ago, wonder if you have done the resection? Wishing you having gone throught the procedure, if any.

Hope to hear from you.

floho51