Cancer Community
Possible Lymphoma/Leukemia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible Lymphoma/Leukemia

For about 4 years, the same exact lymph nodes in both my inner thighs (groin area) swell up to about 1 inch in diameter and stick out of my skin about a centimeter. they start out really small and painless but get more painful as time goes on. It happens consistently every month for weeks at a time. They get bigger when I'm close to menstruation. I also have a history of ovarian cysts, IBS, h. pylori, Periodic Leg Movement Disorder, and insomnia. I normally get a low grade fever when it happens and feel extreme fatigue, night sweats, itching all over, sharp pains in abdomen, and sleep paralysis for some reason. My blood work came back somewhat abnormal. My doctor said I'm borderline neutropenic, I have a high lymphocyte count, and I had microcytosis +1. Should I press my doctor to do some lymphoma/leukemia tests?.
HI,
How are you? While many cases of lymphomas don’t have a known cause, the following may increase the risk of developing this disease: conditions that weaken the immune system, inherited immune disorders such as hypogammaglobulinemia, past infection with Epstein-Barr virus,  prior organ transplant, being middle-aged or older,  male, exposure to pesticides, eating a lot of meat and fat  and family history of lymphomas. To ease any anxiety of this condition, it is best that you talk to your doctor about this and have some tests done such as imaging tests or biopsy. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...