Possible Pancreas Cancer
I have had elevated Lipase never more than half of the upper limit on and off for 5 years, if the upper limit is 59 mine has never been more than 99. I have had ct scans twice and the last one came back as this on July 3 ,2007. I am 33, male , no pain, I have Celiac Disease

On the images of the pancreas there is a questionable poorly defined 1cm lesion in the inferior aspect of the head of the pancreas best seen on image 28. On the thin section images the margins are somewhat indistinct and not as well defined. The remainder of the pancreas is unremarkable and with no pancreatic ductal dilation and the adjacent fat planes are preserved. No pancreatic calcifications, the splenic vein,portal vein, and smv are patent, no free or loculated fluid collections the bowel is not dilated. From old exam dated 11/2006 and in retrospect the area of the poorly defined low attenuation seen in the head of the pancreas was seen on that exam and is unchanged.

Impressions, There is a very subtle focal area of low attenuation in the inferior head of the pancreas which is poorly defined and marginated and measure slightly less than 1cm. No retrospect this has a similar appearance on the prior Ct exam of eight months ago and it without significant change. It is nonspecific and does not have the typical appearance of a mass though I could not exclude a small mass. It could also represent an area of focal Pancreatitis. I would recommend continued follow up since this has been stable over eight months I would recommend another follow up in approximately one year.

What do you think

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer when they saw a 5cm lesion at the head of the pancreas.  Turned out, after the biopsy, that I have lymphoma - and the lesion was only "near" the head of the pancreas.  Lymphoma is a great deal better than pancreatic cancer, though no picnic.