Cancer Community
Possible lung cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Possible lung cancer

Spitting up gray mucas and brown mucas.Smoked for 20+ years just decided to quit a few days ago cause of problems breathing.He is sure its lung cancer.Has been tired alot but has been working 10 to 12 hours a day(works nights).Are we just freaking out or could this be lung cancer.Has has hystory of sinus problems and broncitus.
It's great that he quit smoking....I too am a reformed smoker....one of the hardest things that I ever did in my life.

You will feel really sickly and cough for a bit after you quit...and cough up gunk too.

If the problem presists, I would see a doctor.

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!!
Grey and brown productive cough is not uncommon after smoking for 20 years.  Symptoms of lung cancer include: productive cough (especially with blood), weight loss, night sweats.  If your husband is concerned about lung cancer, it's worth getting checked by his physician with a full exam and chest xray.

Enoch Choi, MD
It would be better to consult a physician as soon as possible. Lung cancer has different forms and symptoms vary. I would like you to visit

http://www.mesotheliomaresourceonline.com/symptoms.html

and checkout the symptoms list. As your problem is related to lung cancer please read the information completely.

But i suggest to approach a physician in the shortest possible time.

Congrats on kicking out cigarette!

Thank you
For the past few years I have had touble with falling asleep and being startled with a shorness of breath and feeling as i am having either heart attack or I am not breathing when falling asleep.  The problem has worsened and now have a slight pain below the breast on the left side.  Can this be an early sign of Lung Cancer?  What are the symptoms of such?
It sounds like you may have sleep apnea you may check with your family doctor. My mom has it and that is what happened. And possibly anxiety before you go to sleep somewhat like a panic attack. My mom got checked and she had apnea. Good Luck.