Cancer Community
Post Whipples - blood in urine - NEED ANSWERS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Whipples - blood in urine - NEED ANSWERS

My husband had a whipples procedure last August, after a month of hospitalization and numerous tests including 2 colonoscopy's and upper gastric scopings. He is diabetic now and on Gliclizide to control his bloodsugars with diet. He is taking Capecitabine (chemo) (8 rounds) and is on his 5th round showing minimal side effects as outlined in his information package. This past week he has noticed blood in his urine, and is wondering if it is a side effect from the chemo, or if it is a possible kidney problem from the intestinal cleaning solutions they gave him in the hospital last July? How can you find out what they use to clear the bowel for a colonoscopy at any particular hospital? Should he
talk to his cancer doctor or to his family physician? What tests should he have done to identify any possible kidney problems related to the procedures he has already endured?