Cancer Community
Problems associated with Radio Therapy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Problems associated with Radio Therapy

2002 I was diagonised with Cancer of the Tonsil and this had progressed to the Lymph Gland in the neckbut not past it. Lymph excised and Chemo Therapy undertaken.I had an extensive course of Radio Therapy on the neck and jaw area and now have difficulty opening my mouth due to damage to muscles and jaw. I am completely clear of Cancer but my problems with mouth opening and frequent muscle seizures are not getting any better.
I have consulted a Maxio Facial Specialist and a Surgeon and had CT scans to look at problems but both have not offered any help or solution except a "device that would gradually " force the jaw apart. This would be extremely painful and no guarantees of success.
Anyone one out there had similar experience and can offer help?