Cancer Community
Rare Atypical Ductal Epithelial Cells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Rare Atypical Ductal Epithelial Cells

Just received the pathology report frm the Needle Aspiration and it came back Rare atypical Dutal Epithelial Cells.. I am in a panic.. scheduled to have a Lumpectomy on the 19th of November. I am confused with what I have researched online as to whether this is cancer , precancerous. my dr. says its not cancer, I asked if its possible when its removed it can turn out to be cancer, he claims its highly unlikely.. went for 2nd opinion where they did more ultrasound, and mammo's.. and reviewed all previous tests done.. this Radiologist states that they wont know until it is removed.  I have to meet with the Breast Surgeon at the Boston Hospital tom to review and hear her opinion.. I am definetely going to have it removed., however am agonizing over where to have it done. , and concerned if I should be worried. the first surgeon was reassuring that more likely it will be fine, .. hopefully tom surgeon will be as reassuring too, with positive hope, .. the waiting is killing me..