Remission Multiple Myeloma
I am going thru chemo for multiple myeloma and may enter remission in a month or two. Would like to hear from anybody about their personal experiences with remission, e.g. duration, medical treatments during remission, did you have a bone marrow transplant, and if so, what was that like, after treatment, quality of life, etc. Anything you can tell me would be helpful. While everybody is different, I would like to get an idea from a patient/survivor other than strictly from what doctors say. Thank you very much.
I am 67 years old and I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma 2 years ago after some kidney problems.  I went through months of chemo (IV).  Then in June 2014, I had a stem cell transplant.  I never got sick from any of the chemo.  I just felt tired (wiped out) after each treatment.  The day before the stem cell transplant they gave me real high dose chemo.  My hair started to fall out two weeks later.  It is now October and my hair is just starting to grow back (very thin and short).  I always had long thick hair.  The stem cell was very simple!  They took some blood a few weeks before transplant.  They froze it.  Then I went into hospital.  Two nurses worked in my hospital room thawing the blood and putting it back in me.  (So simple).  I went home the next day.  Regaining my strength is very slow, but it is happening.  I praise God for getting me through these procedures so quickly.  I hope everything goes well for you too!