Cancer Community
Return of Ovarian cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Return of Ovarian cancer

Hi all,
My mom just got told that her ovarian cancer has come back, sooner than they thought it would. She's 63 years old, and they caught the cancer when she was already in stage 3 She's already had a radical hysterectomy and now it's come back and they found the cancer in a couple lymph nodes. The impression I'm getting from the doctors is that this is a reallly bad sign, but they're going to do chemo next week, but this time they'll only give her carbo. is there anyone who can give me a bit of hope, or share some stories so I don't feel like this is the end for her?

My dad was just diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer which spread to a couple of lymph nodes.  He is going through chemo and radiation next week.  Keep a positive attitude and read the Anti Cancer a new way of life book.  I think to some degree we can help our own bodies fight these diseases by what we eat and drink.
Thank you...I will definitely check it out.. I will try to stay positive!  :)

T