Right renal cysts and cyst in the right lobe of thyroid
Hi - I'm a 36 year old female and have recently had an Ultrasound of the ABDOMINAL, THYROID AND CHEST ULTRASOUND
INDICATION: Hypothyroid. Bilateral flank pain. Lump at breast.
COMPARISON: No previous.
FINDINGS:
ABDOMEN:
The liver has normal architecture and measures 14.4 cm in craniocaudal dimension. The gallbladder
and biliary ducts are unremarkable. The pancreas and spleen are within normal limits. The right kidney
measures 11.3 cm. There is a right extrarenal pelvis.
Multiple right parapelvic cysts are noted. The largest measures 2.1 cm. The left kidney measures 10.3
cm and contains a 1.8 cm cyst. The aorta and IVC are unremarkable. Bladder volume is 458 pre-void
and 33 cc post-void. There is no free fluid.
THYROID:
The right lobe measures 4.9 x 1.6 x 1.4 cm. In the lower pole of the right lobe, there is a 3 mm cyst. The
isthmus measures 2 mm.
The left lobe measures 4.5 x 1.3 x 1.3 cm. No left lobe nodules. No cervical lymphadenopathy.
CHEST:
On the chest wall to the right of midline and inferior to the right breast, there is a palpable hypoechoic
vascular nodule measuring 1.8 x 1.6 x 1.1 cm. The patient reports this has increased in size over the
past 4 years. Biopsy is recommended for further evaluation. This can be performed at the Biopsy Center
at Toronto General Hospital.
IMPRESSION:
1. ABDOMEN: Right renal cysts. Otherwise unremarkable.
2. THYROID: 3 mm cyst in the right lobe of thyroid. No solid nodules. No cervical lymphadenopathy.
3. Nonspecific palpable nodule in the right chest wall inferior to the right breast. The patient reports this has increased in size over the past 4 years. Biopsy is recommended for further evaluation.

....I'm freaking out here, as I don't exactly kno hat this all means...please help clarify.

thanks in advance...