Cancer Community
Ring around mole?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Ring around mole?

I have a mole on my stomach with a ring around it. It's a dark ring with space between it and the mole.The ring is a different colour than the mole. There is also a slightly lighter "mole" underneath kind of like a shadow.  I had it looked at by my doctor and she said that it was strange but didn't look like anything "bad". She said the borders were even. But she is sending me to a dermatologist... in about 2 months.

I drew a picture of the mole in paint (please don't laugh lol, I tried my best).

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt160/maelie89/mole.jpg

If not skin cancer, what else could this possibly be? I was thinking ringworm, but my doctor said that it wasn't that. Anything else that could cause this?

Ps. It's not itchy or bleeding. It MAY have showed up randomly, I'm not really sure that I've seen it before. It's been about a week since I noticed it.

Thank-you in advance.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The picture is very neatly done. There is a halo around your mole.
This may have taken place due to an allergy or an inflammation.

If this has taken place in a longer course then it is always good to go near a dermatologist and get yourself examined.

If you had this only since couple of days nothing to worry.

All forms of skin moles do not lead to cancer and as the clinician said the borders being more irregular and growth taking place over a course of time is always a thing to be examined and biopsed.
Well, take care and best of luck for your Dermatologist visit!
Thank you very much Dr. Vinod!