Cancer Community
STage 4 IsletCell of pancreas and liver.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Non-productive.  Since 1998.  Very slow growing in pancreas. Quicker in liver. The liver was distended to about 6inches past the the bellycrease, known as the- pubic symphysis.  After the first round of Streptozoticn and 5FU.  
oral chemo, kidney difficulties.

Failed an oral treatment of Xeloda and some other new oral drugs  2years ago.
My next treamernt is Doxcil to start March 26.  Is it even worth a shot.  My quality of life since Dec had been half  good and half wretched.
Should itry this new treatment or just dry out?

My new R4n Onc Doc has no bedside manner; makes me feel i'm using up her time.
Frequently corrects me when I ask a question and sometimes when I answer her question. Cold clinical,nonpalallitive but pretty. She calls me and my diseasae "Mysterious".  Help What to do.  She needs sone hunan...warnthfor me.

I thought I would start her new and only  chemo longshot. then with treament in me for a doc wit BSM> Bedside manner.  The dotorr is part of the treatment.
Gettin' world weary withthis mosltrly wrterched style of lofe latleyt but I still love to see the Spring evedn when I tire of most people and people  junk. Any advice please

un

You could take a second opinion and consult another oncologist if you are not convinced or satisfied.

It would be difficult to comment on the further plan of management without a proper clinical evaluation, past history and the reports of the investigations.

Let us know what your doctor advises and keep us posted about how you are doing.

Regards.