Cancer Community
Scared and confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Scared and confused

Hi all, well where to begin?!  I am a young HIV positive male.  I was diagnosed in 2007 .  I am on antiviral s and thankfully my numbers are very good. ( cd4 800, viral load undectectable ) .  When I was first diagnosed in 2007 I noticed what appeared to be a boil or cyst in the perinatal area, just between my scrotum and anus.  As well I noticed what appeared to be large polyp like cysts around the opening of my anus.  Long story short, the cyst in the perinatal area became so sore the I became insistent with my dr's they the problem be rectified instead of just giving me antibiotics for what they thought was an infection.  Finally after many dr's I was finally sent to emergency. Where they removed to "cyst", at which time they sent if off to determine what exactly it was.  The results came back as skin cancer (Squamish)? Not sure on the spelling.  Since then they did a scan on me and the scan came back with good results, however I still have these "cysts or polyps" around my anus.  As well my BM's are never consistent and I use the washroom about 5x's per day.  Is this normal?  Also I was experiencing a mucous like discharge since 2007 thru  2011 but it has since stopped.  Blood in the stool happens about a few times per month, but it is not constant.  Anyway,even though my scans came back with good results I am still being referred to an oncologist.  I have my apt. This Friday and am absolutely petrified!!!  I know I've been rambling but everything I read about anal cancer I've experienced during some time between 2007 and present but its never been constant.  Is this normal?  Any feedback would be great as it seems the more I read the more I'm confused.  Also is an oncologist the right person to see or should I see another type of dr because for all intense purposes they removed the cancer .... Or am I in denial. Thx in advance.
sorry all for the above spelling mistakes, punctuation etc etc.  I did it last night in the dark on my ipad. :-S