Cancer Community
Scratched a mole years ago, sore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Scratched a mole years ago, sore

I scratched a mole several years ago and ever since then it's been sore to the touch. If I squeeze it, it looks like there's something underneath it. My mom doesn't want to take me to a dermatologist and I don't know what to do?
Hi!
A mole that is sore to touch should immediately be investigated for cancer. Dermatitis, or a subacute/chronic infection can also make a mole painful. However, for confirmed diagnosis you will need to consult your GP or a skin specialist. If that is not possible please talk to your school or college doctor or someone else in the family who can take you to a doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.