Seeking Trust in the Medical Profession
Result from CT Scan with history of adenocarcinoma of the stomach "probable uterine serosal fibroid" - Receiving conflicting information within my mother's cancer treatment team.  Recently diagnosed with adenocarcinoma and not sure of the of CT results due to conflicting interpretation of the last CT Scan.  The GI doctor, the Oncologist, and the sugeon all have different interpretations of the CT Scan.  How is the term "probable uterine serosal fibroid" defined in correlation to a CT Scan.  Scared we may have been misdiagnosed and losing precious time.  

'God Bless A Quick Response"

I thank you!!!
Hi!
I can understand your confusion. A CT scan image of a uterine serosal fibroid is very conflicting. Actually whether the fibroid is begin or malignant cannot be said on the CT scan, unless it is a pretty advanced cancer. Usually the serosal fibroids are benign. However, some are malignant too. The only way a confirmed diagnosis can be reached is removal of the fibroid followed by biopsy. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.