Sensitive and swollen neck lymph nodes for years
Hello out there,

I have had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck for about 4 years now. I had it tested, and was told I was fighting off an infection multiple times. Fast forward to 2009. That lymph node and also sometimes my right one are now sensitive, and I feel twangs of slight pain now and again. The tricky thing is I don't have any other signs of lymphoma. I sleep fine, I have a strong appetite.

The only thing I noticed was that I felt sensitivity after drinking alcohol. I drink only about once a week, and not a lot, so it's hard for me to be sure about that one. It was also discovered that I have a small cyst next to my left lymph node, but a sonogram showed it to be nothing of concern. I wish I had an easier time believing that.

I saw an infectious disease specialist, and he said he feels comfortable with me doing nothing. He wrote up a CT scan order for me just to satisfy my worry. I'm waiting until after Jan 1 to make the appointment, but I've been feeling tingling in my modes for a few days consistently now, and I'm getting worried. Is it possible that I have something serious that would pass as a simple infection? Something that would swell my lymph node for 4 years without detection?

I worry about this off and on, but it's rather intense lately. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thank you, and happy New Year :)

hey my names marissa im 14 and i started out like tht only without the alchol probs haha, only it was only my right side turned out i have thyroid cancer, i dont wanna freak you out but i was born without my left thyroid but my right one is cancerous it started out as a painful lump 2, if i were you id go se a endocrinologist. have them check it out. hope every thing goes okay! dont be worried!!
Thanks for the insight, it is very appreciated. I wasn't even aware of what an endocrinologist does! I'm going to get a CT scan soon, so we'll see what they find. Thanks again, and I certainly hope your thyroid cancer is doing better.