Serum CA 19-9 Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer Re-occurrence
FFC
Dear Dr.

I father got this Serum CA 19-9 Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer Re-occurrence. His level came out to be 9 u/ml. Is it normal?

My fathers age is 64. He has recently gone through wipple’s procedure and has been recovered from elevated conditions, as he was detected with Pancreas Head Carcinoma (CT scan report). His doctor recommended chemotherapy and radiation together. We didn’t get satisfied with his recommendation and after several discussions with doctors online and in city, he is now going through extensive chemotherapy only. Question, he is in middle of this therapy and doctors have recommended to undergo CA 19-9 test. Is it recommended or is there any other way also to check cancer cells re-occurrence and related problems.

Initial reports at time of operation (before and after) are attached for your review.

Appreciate your early response.

Best regards,

Osama