Cancer Community
Should I see a new Oncologist? Thyroid cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Late December 2006 I was dianosed with T4 N1 Multifocal Thyroid Cancer. I hade a total Thyroidectomy and received 150 mCi radio active iodine. My Oncologist ran 4 whole body scans since my radiation in Feb of 2007. All of the scans plus my TSH levels are within the normal range. In May of this year my Oncologist informed me he did not need to see me anymore and I was more or less cured. I am seeing my family doctor to monitor my TSH levels and I am to "check back" with my Oncologist if there is a problem. Should I find a new Oncologst to follow this?
Maybe, you should consider consulting an Endocrinologist.
I am having athyroid nodule. My TSH, T3 and T4 test are within the normal range.
I find that I am having some constipation problem no doubt I still pass stools every day.
I take a lot of fruits and vegetables to help me with this constipation problem. My hair is not growing that well and so are my side eyebrows:
What is the best cause of action I should follow for now.What sort of a diet should I take to help in this tghyroid problem - hypothyrodisim.
I also wish to know as to how to shrink my thyroid nodule. It is not noticeable unless
I purposely show it up.
Thank you.

Suresh