Cancer Community
Small lump near my adams apple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Small lump near my adams apple

Hello. I have a Dr. appointment this week for another problem, and plan to ask about this. But until then, I thought I would ask here.

Right near my adams apple, theres a small hard lump. Really small, like maybe alittle bigger than a pea. If I tilt my head back, and move my adams apple, you can see it move with the adams apple. But if I mess with it with my finger, u can feel it move alittle. So I am thinking its attached to the adams apple or something near the adams apple, but not very tightly.
This tiny lump is sorta below and to the side of the adams apple. It is alittle uncomfortable to move it with my finger, but other than that, causes no pain or other issues. I noticed it last night by accident.

I think I may have felt it in the past, but cant remember.

Is it normal to have small, hard, just slightly smaller than pea sized bumps in this area of the neck? Or is it a good chance of being cancer?
I will ask my Dr this week, but I am hoping to get some peace of mind until then. Thanks.
I would get it cheaked.  But I have had an place  on my neck that shows up more at times then others.  the docters say that it is nothing. But one throat dr. said it was a small mass that had no sign of cancer.  but could maybe  become cancer. for me to stop smoking and to stay away from all the cleaners I was using to clean houses for a living.  Plus no yelling.  then the next time i seen him it had went down.  ever since i see it more at times like i said than others.  and usely when i go to the dr. they don't see anything much.   the throat dr. went down with an light.  hopes this puts your mind at ease.  let me know  what the dr. says.  It is good to make sure.

tbop