Cancer Community
Small lump near my adams apple
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small lump near my adams apple

Hello. I have a Dr. appointment this week for another problem, and plan to ask about this. But until then, I thought I would ask here.

Right near my adams apple, theres a small hard lump. Really small, like maybe alittle bigger than a pea. If I tilt my head back, and move my adams apple, you can see it move with the adams apple. But if I mess with it with my finger, u can feel it move alittle. So I am thinking its attached to the adams apple or something near the adams apple, but not very tightly.
This tiny lump is sorta below and to the side of the adams apple. It is alittle uncomfortable to move it with my finger, but other than that, causes no pain or other issues. I noticed it last night by accident.

I think I may have felt it in the past, but cant remember.

Is it normal to have small, hard, just slightly smaller than pea sized bumps in this area of the neck? Or is it a good chance of being cancer?
I will ask my Dr this week, but I am hoping to get some peace of mind until then. Thanks.