Cancer Community
Smoking and me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Smoking and me

I have been smoking for about 3 years if not 2 and a half, i have smoked different types of cigarets constantly switching brands,and i have this sort of choking cough, i start to like cough mucus out at least 10 times a day, i always felt it in the back of my throat, its been going on for 5 months already and getting worse, i am scared i might be getting cancer or something, i cant run around as much as i used to without having to take a break to breathe, i feel disgusted and i always feel like i need to brush my teeth,now i am currently smoking marlboro blend no.27 because its "better" for you,but i have smoked  hookah for a good six months, and like a dumb-*** i always inhaled it, after my crazy hookah smoking months i was told your not supposed to inhale it, but too late, i stopped hookah  and went to cigarets again, i smoke about 10-15 a day, i used to smoke 5-8,i have also smoked cigars,blunts,bong,and swisher, i am pretty much ****** but i just want to know what could be wrong with me?should i go to get a chest x-ray or something? i do not know if this matters but i am also chubby and like overweight, i do not eat healthy and i do not exercise or anything, i eat very unhealthy i smoke and i do not exercise. my immune system is very weak i am unhealthy and i smoke and i think i am slowly dyeing, i am happy to see today for know. if anyone can help me out and lend me some good advice i will appreciate it.
Smoking is smoking, no matter what brand you smoke.  You can request a chest x-ray when you see your doctor. With all of the symptoms you have described, I am sure a doc would agree to it.  It would put your mind at ease.  Good Luck and God Bless.
How much is a chest x-ray? in cash without med...etc?  and is marijuana smoking healthier than tobacco smoking?
You could call your local hospital and find out the cost.  If you have a Not for Profit hospital in your area they might do an x-ray.  You will just have to do some research to find one that gives discounts for people without insurance.  I don't think smoking marijuana is healthier than cigarettes.  They are both unhealthy.