Cancer Community
Smoking pot after cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Smoking pot after cancer

My boyfriend does not want to ask his doctor.  He recoverred from having Stage 4 squama cell cancer.  He's been cancer free for over two years.  His immune system is that of a 5 year old the doctor's have stated. He is not allowed to have any alcoholic beverage of any kind.  He'd like to know if he can smoke pot.  I'm assuming the answer is no, but thought I would ask and get other people's opinions...

Thanks!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I could not answer this myself, but my husband could....hope this information helps

While I'm NOT a cancer patient or survivor, I will state that many reputable oncologist recommend the use of medicinal marijuana for relief of symptoms of nausea and weight loss from chemo. He's better off w/o alcohol, as we all are. Please check out the NORML web site www.norml.org, they have many links to medicinal use and cancer.

Blank
Hi.
I would not recommend smoking pot in your boyfriend’s case.  He has a history of cancer and is presently disease free.  Smoking can put him at risk to develop recurrence or develop a new cancer.    
Medical marijuana is not universally acceptable.  If ever it is prescribed, there are absolute indications for its use.  It should be strictly followed since this can be addicting.  
He should continue with his regular surveillance check-ups.  He may ask his oncologist regarding this matter also.
Good luck.
Blank
623156_tn?1322869451
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources