Soft Lump in Upper Thigh
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can be of assistance? I'm a 30 year old male, relatively healthy, who 18 months ago noticed a soft squishy lump (feels a bit like a grape although slightly smaller) in my upper front thigh (about 3 inches below the groin). The reason I noticed it was through having treatment for a pulled thigh muscle (same leg). Firstly, I put it down to scar tissue as a result of my thigh injury and left it as it caused me no discomfort, however, after about 5/6 months I had it examined (physical examination) by my GP who passed it off as a fatty build up, and requested that I observe it for changes etc and to report back if I noticed anything.

About 2/3 months after this initial examination, I had it examined again by another GP who instructed the same thing (observation for changes/discomfort). Nothing had changed from the 1st to 2nd examination apart from me looking for reassurance hence my reason for visiting the 2nd GP. 9 months further down the line and no changes noted but I am still concerned about it. I've decided to request an examination by a specialist but the reason I've written here is I'm concerned that if it is anything sinister, would I have noticed anything else symptoms wise after all this time (18 months). Secondly, is a simple physical examination by two GP's enough to rule out malignant tumours?

Any thoughts/reassurance/advice would be much appreciated.    

Best wishes.
HI,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Physical examination may help determining the character of a mass or lump. Slowly growing benign tumors often present as a mass that pushes normal tissues aside, are well circumscribed or encapsulated, and are freely movable.  If it has been 18 months already with no changes in the lump, a benign mass is a possibility. To ease any doubt, it is best that you have this checked again for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.