Cancer Community
Spitz Nevus removed, now other spots of concern

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

i'm 35. About 1.5 years ago i had a atypical spitz nevus removed from the right side of my neck. From what I understand it is not cancerous because it had not metestised, however; it showed some of the same charictaristics of Squamous Cell Carsanoma. So a bit concerning.  No recourance in that area. However since then I have noticed three small bumps above and to the right of my right eye, as well as a small odd shaped, slightly raised brown one on my right cheek. AND a small skin colored mole looking bump to the left of my nose (next to a large brown mole i have had since birth). So all of these are concerning to me.

In addtion to this i have two grape sized lumps in my left forarm. One really hurts and causes some weakness in my left arm when i'm lifting weights and working out, the other doesn't bother me at all. These could be fatty tissue lumps, but don't know.

and lastly the most concerning (i think) is this...
I have had this small bump just above and to the right side of my butt crack (poss. a pilonidal cyst??) for close to 10 yrs. I've never had it looked at cause I thought it was embarrassing. However after having that spitz nevus removed and the arrival of some new lumps on my face and arm (as mentioned above)  i'm having everything looked at on friday. I think i'm most concerned about the small lump near my backside. It has bleed before, when it first appeared, and most recently about a month ago. It now has a crusty scab like texture to it and is kind of a pinky skin color. Additionally, i have had really bad morning back pain for about 4 years. It's the worst in the morning and fades as i move around throughout the day, but never really goes away completely. It's really got me worried.

I welcome anyones thoughts or advice.

Thanks!
Jeff

Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? How was your consultation with your doctor? The diagnosis of Spitz naevus is usually confirmed by skin biopsy. Any lump and the presence of new spots warrants further evaluation to rule out malignancy. Direct clinical examination is important.  A referral to a dermatologist may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.