Cancer Community
Stomach Pains and High White Blood Cell Count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Ok. So with these symptoms - should I just assume cancer in trying to get mentally prepared for the doctor visit?
Not at all.  There are dozens of conditions that could cause these symptoms, so don't go looking for trouble where it likely doesn't exist.  :-)
Thank you very much for your reply. Might you list a few other possibilities of what could be the cause.

You did make me feel a bit better. Thank you.
It depends on what kind of pain you're experiencing (dull, sharp, crampy) and in what area of the abdomen (upper right or left, middle, lower right or left).  There are lots of organs in there that could be having a problem, and the location and quality of the pain will help your doctor figure out what's wrong.  If the trouble is mostly in your right upper quadrant of your abdomen, it could be gallbladder; lower right could be appendix or a problem with your intestines.  Right in the middle between your ribs could be something with your stomach.  See what I mean?  Lots of different possibilities to look into before jumping to the cancer conclusion, and I've only thrown out 3.  You really need to just see a doctor.  :-)
Okay, but what about the white blood cells? These being higher don't increase the risk of this being cancer? Oh and don't worry - the doctor will be involved.

Thank you.
High white cell count indicates something more along the lines of an infection than cancer.