Stomach and Hernia Biopsy done?
I had my EGD done on Friday and Surgeon told me that my stomach was very red in color and so he did a biopsy and also did one on my hernia, which he felt was not bad.
Not real sure why they would biopsy the hernia. Any ideas.

What would cause my stomach do be that red. It was pretty RED.
Hi.  The reddish color of the stomach on endoscopy could signify some inflammatory process (probably some form of gastritis). This is my best guess based on your description, but it's really hard to speculate what it might be since I haven't seen it.  Anyway, keep us posted about further developments.  I'm also eager to know what the biopsy results are.  Good luck.
Hello, well the biopsy from my stomach is back and hernia.

It was taken on my stomach cause it was so red.

They were normal.

But the hernia showed mild inflamation pertaining to reflux.

So really not saying much on why the stomach was so RED.  Wouldn't the biopsy of showed it was due to gastris or not?  What do you think.

Thanks!
Hi.  The biopsy would certainly show if there was any abnormality in your stomach, particularly changes caused by gastritis.  So if the biopsy findings are normal, then you probably shouldn't worry too much about it.  Unless, the biopsy samples taken were inadequate (some areas of the stomach were not sampled) and the diseased portion of the stomach was missed during sampling.  But you can easily check this with the doctor who did the endoscopy.