Cancer Community
Subcutaneous Crepitus or not

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Subcutaneous Crepitus or not

Hello:

My dad recently had surgery in response to a cancer diagnosis called an Extraplueral Pneumonectomy.  He has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma. In the process, he had a lung removed as well as the mesothelia layer around his lungs, heart (pericardium) and diaphragm.  Ever since, he has had a various issues, but the most prominent one has been excess swelling in his abdomen, leg, and ankles on the side of his body where the lung was removed.  His surgeon told him this was Crepitus and that it was normal result of this type of surgery and that there is nothing that can be done.  I can't believe this?  He has been out of the hospital a week and this stuff has gotten worse and moe painful for him, and I'm afraid that he might be having a dangerous reaction to this.  Please help and offer advice, if you have any?
Tags: crepitus