Cancer Community
Suspected Metastasis on brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Suspected Metastasis on brain

When my mother went to treat her ear infection due to hole in the ear (that was supposed to be operated next week), doc did CT scan and found couple of white spots on Brain & skull. They suspected it to be metastasis & suspect the cancer may be in advance stage. They have advised to take MRI, bone/blood tests, the results are awaited.
They did check kidney, uterus which are clear. Also, my mother was done CT scan 4 months back as she had high BP & a suspected minor stroke, at that time there were no spots found on skull or brain.

Right now, we are waiting on the MRI & blood/bone reports. Also, since yesterday my mother is in "confusion" states. She blabbers few words. Though she recognizes people around and call them with right name, she keeps talking things that are 5 days old or her day-to-day activity stuff.

She was a very patient & always excited (over-excited if you will) lady. However, after my father's demise one year back, she kept herself in the house most of the time. Sometime we could sense she had become less forgiving and more sensitive to any talks/things around.

We are all worried as to what it is. Can you folks please through few lights on this one
1. Is there a chance that this is not cancerous?
2. Can we relate this to Dementia?
3. Even if this is cancerous can we say it is not in advanced stage?
4. What are the possible treatments?

Thanks in advance for any help I get

Raj