Cancer Community
Suspicious skin lesion, bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Suspicious skin lesion, bleeding?

It began about 6 months ago as a very small dot inside a scar left from a surgery I had when I was 1. It was red. If I'd scratch it it would shrink to nothing then get back to its original color in seconds. It grew to about half a milimeter, and it was a tiny reddish dot. I scratched it off, part of it, and it bled, a very small amount, about enough to leave a tiny trace on my fingernail. After it healed I am now looking at what seems to be a 1-mm in diameter mole, with a tiny black dot on one of its sides. The oddest thing is that it appeared out of nowhere.

Could this be a sign of a cancerous mole or some other skin lesion?
1mm is very small. You scratched it and it bled so I don't think that is cause for concern. If it bleeds easily that is different. Things always look different after they heal, esp. on scar tissue. Sounds like a capillary or something.

Any new spots should be checked out though just for peace of mind. Good luck.