Suspicious skin lesion, bleeding?
It began about 6 months ago as a very small dot inside a scar left from a surgery I had when I was 1. It was red. If I'd scratch it it would shrink to nothing then get back to its original color in seconds. It grew to about half a milimeter, and it was a tiny reddish dot. I scratched it off, part of it, and it bled, a very small amount, about enough to leave a tiny trace on my fingernail. After it healed I am now looking at what seems to be a 1-mm in diameter mole, with a tiny black dot on one of its sides. The oddest thing is that it appeared out of nowhere.

Could this be a sign of a cancerous mole or some other skin lesion?
1mm is very small. You scratched it and it bled so I don't think that is cause for concern. If it bleeds easily that is different. Things always look different after they heal, esp. on scar tissue. Sounds like a capillary or something.

Any new spots should be checked out though just for peace of mind. Good luck.