Cancer Community
Swollen Axillary node
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Axillary node

I noticed on Friday (today is Monday) a swollen node in my left armpit.  I recently had a sinus infection and had nodes in the right of my neck swell with that.  I was not concerned about the neck nodes b/c as I understand it, sinus infections would drain to the neck nodes.  I AM concerned about the node in my LEFT armpit b/c I have a history of melanoma in 2005 (Clarke level II, .47mm, on my RIGHT arm).  I JUST had my  6 month check up and all my nodes were thoroughly checked so this one popped up out of nowhere.  Granted it is on the opposite side of my original melanoma, but it still makes me very nervous.  

Could this be related to my sinus/upper respiratory infection?  ( I took antibiotics and my neck nodes have decreased in size, but are not back to normal).

What is the definition of "firm" when feeling your nodes?  Firm like a rock?  This is firm, but not hard, it is movable, and not red or irritated.  I don't shave and it's been several weeks since I waxed.  

I have a dr. appt. this afternoon to have it checked, but was looking for some info before I go in.