Swollen Lymph Nodein Left Pectoral Area...Concerns?
I am new to this forum and it says that my questions can be answred my medical professionals.  As I was breezing through the forums, all I see are other forum posters giving advice so I am not sure which 'professionals' are on here to give 'solid' medical advice.

I am 37 soon to be 38 this September.  Both my parents are deceased.  My mother died at 59 from Melanoma and my father died from a rare form of Bladder Cancer also at age 59.

I noticed a lump above my left breast (Pectoral region) and started to panic.  Just yesterday I went into my doctor's office and made an emergency appointment for my doc to see me that day.  The area was red and tender because of me pushing on it for a long period of time just to make sure I was not crazy.  It was not tender to the touch once I found it.  It is oblong running north to south.  When I laid down and the doctor did a breast exam, she could not find anything and I told her you can feel it only when I am standing or sitting up.  With my assistance, she found it and she told me it was nothing to worry about and that it was just a lymph node that was swollen.  Also, even though cancer runs on my family, Breast cancer does not and that most lumps in that area of the body (Pectoal) are over 90% benign.

She gave me written orders to go to the hospital to have an ultrasound done (no mamogram) but said it is really not necessary.  She said to wait through another menstral cycle and feel around the area again to see if there is any change.  I am hoping for the best because I am getting married this Christmas and will not have medical insurance until I am added to my future husband's policy.  The written orders for the ultrasound are good for 6 months so I might have no choice but to wait until then.  My concern is how my doctor seemed so calm and not concerned at all.  She did not even ask me if I was sick or anything which infection can also cause swollen lymph nodes.  I'm baffled!