Cancer Community
Swollen Lymph nodes in arm, cord-like string into underarm and shoulder...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Swollen Lymph nodes in arm, cord-like string into underarm and shoulderblade

About a month ago my right arm started to develop a stringy/cordlike line from wrist to underarm and yet there was no redness, no blistering. Eventually it got so I couldn't raise my arm without it feeling painfully tight. I've had two ultrasounds for blood clots; an MRI and been on two different antibiotics. I've just had a lymph scan, results of which I'm still awaiting, but one scan clearly showed lymph nodes in my right forearm. There's the mildest sensation of heat, some clumsiness of the hand, and I have had the most phenomenal sweats, though these seem to be abating - and I may have confused them with early onset menopause.
Every time I type 'Swollen lymph nodes' into Google it basically comes up with breast cancer. Could it just be Lymphangitis without any red streaks on the skin?
20 years I once had a break-out of blisters on that same arm, and was treated with antibiotics for the red streak, but this is different since the cord is very painful and when I lift my arm it makes my skin pucker. Anyone out there got any suggestions because both my GP, the vein specialist, the MRI people and the man who injected radioactive isotopes for the lymph scan all say they are mystified.
Thanks for your time
Please consult an oncologist asap.  My wife had the EXACT same symptoms several months ago and vascular doctors, etc had no idea what it was beyond cellulitis.  Unfortunately it proved to be cancer.  Each case is different and I don't want to worry you, but please get to a good oncologist soon and get a pet/ct scan.  
KL
You need to wait for the reports and then discuss them with your doctor. A malignancy will need to be ruled out before a confirmed diagnosis is obtained. Ask your doctor about the option of doing a biopsy of the lymph nodes for a diagnosis in your case. Also ask for a mammogram if you havent had one recently? Do you have a family history of cancer? Goodluck.
I would like to discuss with you please.  I have been in remission for almost five years with Hodkins Lymphoma.  I recently found the aforementioned symptons including the string under my right arm.  I would greatly appreciate your input.